It’s a Snap with Our Leak-free Gaskets
The molded Nitrile Leak-free Gasket slips easily onto one end of the duct and is connected with a standard QF Clip to form a tight and reusable seal. Note the direction of the airflow when installing the duct.
Wipe rolled edge with clean cloth. Then apply a high tack gasket adhesive per the manufacturer’s instructions. High tack gasket adhesives can be purchased locally at industrial or automotive suppliers in either aerosol spray or brushable formulations.
Carefully place the gasket along the rolled edge of the part, being careful to avoid kinks or voids. Only one gasket is needed per joint.
Join the gasketed end of the pipe to a non-gasketed end of the next part in the ducting run using a standard QF Clip. The oil-mist gasket, in addition to the gasket inside the QF Clip, provides dual protection against leakage.
- General purpose: oil resistant polymer
- Performs well with many oil, water and hydraulic fluid applications
- Good tear resistance
- Available in 4”-10” diameter. Only even sizes in 12”-24” diameter
- Should not be used with solvents such as acetone, MEK, ozone, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and nitro hydrocarbons
- Conducts electricity
Additional product information for Nordfab's Sealed Duct System
The QF Leak-free O-ring for use with our Adjustable-Length Duct
The patented Nordfab Slip Duct provides unlimited flexibility in the length of a duct run.
- Cut a standard piece of QF Pipe to length and insert it into the short Slip Duct section. This assembly will telescope to any length. Place the standard Slip Duct O-ring and then the Leak-free O-ring onto the cut (inside) piece of pipe and seat the Leak-free O-ring evenly against the rolled metal edge of the Slip Duct.
Seat the Slip Duct o-ring seal against the outside of the Leak-free O-ring. The order should be as follows:
a. rolled edge of duct; against
b. Leak-free O-ring (smaller diameter o-ring); against
c. standard Nordfab O-ring
- Finally clip the standard QF clip over the rolled metal edge of the Slip Duct and the O-rings for a leak-free connection. (Make sure both seals fit completely under the QF Clip and that the air flows from the cut pipe towards the Slip Duct).
- Resists corrosion from weather
- Performs well with many oils and chemicals
- Can’t be damaged by flexing and twisting
- Recommended for petroleum oils and fluids, water, greases, and oils
Custom Parts – High Quality Duct with QFS Sealant
Nordfab Ducting’s laser welded longitudinal seams are guaranteed to be leak proof. To ensure that other welds and gores on branches, elbows, and other custom parts are leak-free, Nordfab applies, when requested, caulking along the seams and joins. These parts can be installed in seconds using the standard QF Clip and the between-the-joint gaskets.
*Due to variables beyond our control, Nordfab Ducting cannot guarantee a leak proof system in all installations, even when using the Epoxy caulk & “leak free” gaskets. Some of the variables that impact this include: the craftsmanship of the duct installation, the chemicals within the duct, and the expertise of the designer.