When the material being conveyed is highly abrasive, duct in dust collection systems can wear or otherwise be damaged, resulting in a need for frequent replacement. Nordfab offers duct constructed from a range of heavier metal gauges (thicker walled than standard duct):
- 18 gauge galvanized and stainless steel
- 16 gauge galvanized and stainless steel
- 14 gauge galvanized steel
- 12 gauge galvanized steel
- 10 gauge mild / carbon steel
Many dust collection systems require ductwork components in various metal gauges, depending on placement in the system. Even for those applications where standard duty duct is acceptable for the majority of the ductwork, a heavier gauge may be the best solution when replacing high wear components such as elbows / bends.
Sourcing your duct from Nordfab allows you to utilize a single source for ducting for the entire dust collection system and provides other benefits as well.
Longer Life and Cost-saving
Nordfab duct with Quick-Fit® Clamp Together ends is fast and easy to install. No special crew is required— you or your installation team will likely be able to install all or most Quick-Fit (QF®)
ductwork. These factors save time and money on installation.
Nordfab Quick-Fit ducting, in gauges as heavy as 14 gauge, provides a longer lifespan, reducing costs for replacements and downtime.
Fast dismantling is advantageous when conveying dusts that tend to clog the ducting system. Ductwork with QF ends can be quickly un-clamped and temporarily removed for locating and removing the clog (or replacing damaged ductwork), then re-clamped and reinstalled. Nordfab provides Quick-Fit duct in gauges as heavy as 14ga.
Large Size Availability
Our heavier gauge duct is available in diameters as large as 72”.
Examples of Applications where Heavy Gauge Duct May be Needed
- Agriculture & Feed, Grain, Sugar
- Blasting & Shot Blast (see installation photos)
- Building Materials Manufacturers
- Bulk Conveying
- Cattle Feedyards
- Energy Sector (Coal-fired Power Plants, Gas Pumping Stations, etc.)
- Cement & Concrete
- Firearms Manufacturing
- Foundry / Steel Manufacturing
- Glass (Fiberglass / Micro Fiberglass)
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Metal Fabrication & Finishing
- Mill Scaling
- Mining & Mineral Products (Quarries) /Coal Ash Handling
- Nut Shells
- Paint Booths
- Power Generation / Oil & Gas
- Rice processors
- Waste & Recycling (scrap metal recyclers, waste paper recyclers, cellulose insulation manufacturers, tire recyclers, glass reclaimers)
- Rubber (Tire)Schools & Universities
- Steel Wire Production
- Thermal Spray
- Textiles / Nonwovens
- Wood / recycled wood
Look for our heavy gauge ducting in our product section.